The Australian National Maritime Museum and Royal Botanical Gardens Sydney will offering a joint video conference for year 3 and 4 students History and Science.
Cook and Banks: Charting the rumoured great Southern Land is a free video conference which will outline Cook and Banks voyage on the HMB Endeavour. It will be presented by our curator Kieran Hosty and Mary Bell from Royal Botantical Gardens Sydney.
The video conference will investigate the story behind Cook and Banks' voyage to the rumoured great Southern Land and include topics such as:
- The reason behind the momentous voyage.
- The voyage and conditions on board the HMB Endeavour.
- Cook's role as a cartographer and navigator.
- Banks' scientific contribution to the voyage and how his legacy began the Royal Botanic Gardens' Herbarium collection.
- Learn how scientists classify plants and try your hand at botanic illustration.
- The enduring outcome of the voyage and how it changed Australian history.
- What happened the HMB Endeavour?
We will be offering six sessions of the Cook and Banks virtual excursion. The sessions will be offered on DART connections 3rd and 4th May at 10.00am, 11.30am and 2.00pm
— Anne Doran, Education Officer.
Find out more about our education programs on our website.
Sent from my iPad